A few days ago, I wrote briefly about the need to make a list of all the book series I’ve started and haven’t yet finished.
Inspiration struck and I worked out how to do it easily and with productive laziness. Each book in a series on Goodreads links to the list of all books in the series. And since it’s a list maintained by the Goodreads community, there is no need for me to keep individual track of which books are listed. All I need do is track the lists, and the next book that I want to read. If I ever miss a book, then coming back to the list will give me the next one. I will only remove the link to the list once the series is 100% complete (or I’ve given up on it).
Doing this also cleared up my “Want to Read” list because instead of the remaining books, I have only the next listed.
Here are the results of my first hour of work on this. It contains the lists of books that were already in my “Want to Read” list. Now I have to go through books read for those series I’ve forgotten about and want to revisit.
Interestingly, there was no series in Goodreads for Walid and the Mysteries of Phi so I went and created one.
- The Talisman by Stephen King
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
- Walid and the Mysteries of Phi by Tom V. Morris
- The Drenai Saga by David Gemmell
- Ratcatchers by Matthew Collville
- The Legend of Drizzt by R. A. Salvatore
- The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Forgotten Realms: Lady Penitent by Lisa Smedman
- The War of the Spider Queen
- The Horus Heresy
- Robot by Issac Asimov
- Galactic Empire by Issac Asimov
- Dragonlance: Legends by Margaret Weis
- Remembrance of Earth’s Past by Liu Cixin
- The Broken Earth by N.K. Jemisin
- The Quantum Thief by Hannu Rajaniemi
- The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
- The Mistborn Saga by Brandon Sanderson
- The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan
- Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson